Mistakes, I've had a few! However, for those who want to know the types of experience I can bring to the Lords on behalf of the Green Party, I list them here:
- Law and debating - I cut my teeth at the LSE/London University and still enjoy debating and can cope with hostile audiences.
- Parliamentary Candidate for Norwich North - I had various hustings, in various settings, with various audiences. On one occasion I managed to take the brief and learn very quickly about business, economics and finance. I learned enough to debate and demonstrate GP policies as robust and sound.
- City Councillor - Committees and groups - Twinning, Museums, Standards, Norwich Consolidated Charities, Housing and Co-Chair of Regulatory. I was particularly involved in the numerous applications made under the then new licensing laws.
- Psychology - Assistant Clinical Psychologist for two years and one year Doctorate, not completed due to family circumstances. Skills involved assessment, counselling, co-running care in the community homes and planning and implementing 'rehabilitation' and more. Adult and Older Adult care; Child Psychiatry; Dementia Care - the skills set here is multi-faceted: report writing, time management; research; therapy and interventions; planning and carrying out interventions, including neuropsychological assessments for stroke, brain injury, dementias, motor neurone disease etc.
- Lectures and talks - I have lectured to small groups and to large auditoria on mental health.
- Media - my daughter and I have worked in TV and radio for 'Red Nose', Rethink and Blue Peter. I have had media training under John Morrell: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/1564184/John-Morrell.html
- Other jobs - I've worked supermarket tills, shelf stacking, fruit picking, toilet cleaning, making fridge seals, road gang 'stop-go' sign, factory and field work.
- If there is anything else you would like to ask, please do.